Skip to main content

IDEAL WORLD

As I woke up early in the morning and prepared to go to a mining site in Moatize Mozambique, my colleague was already up and sitting in the living room with the CNN news on. And in the news I heard about the recent attacks on Christians and other religious minorities by the Islamic jihadists and also about the recent news hype on the unrest about the police force and the citizens of Ferguson Missouri in the United States of America. I went on about preparing for the day and making my lunch, I tried to do my best to ignore the negativity of the news that was on. I am not really a fan of news or television at all.


With the news being on, I heard commentary on how the attacks on the religious minorities ,particularly Christians, is "genocide", a bit of an exaggerations though, and with regards to the Ferguson unrest that this incident now was seen as a racist unfolding of a white police officer shooting an unarmed black teenager. I couldn’t help but still wonder on how the world’s dramas seem to be staying stagnant whilst we are growing old and dying, and the new generation to follow us. It seems the world is still caught up in its own dramas that have been going on far longer than probably it is necessary now, especially as we are reaching a pinnacle moment of mass consciousness awakening. These event left me feeling offish, as expected since it is negative news and it sells, and me asking questions about humanity and whether am I the one who got this thing about oneness and unity all wrong. Am I just a dreamer who has idealistic expectation for the human race that is just bound in separation? Am I even real? As I asked these questions, the words of my teachers came to me and they said this:


“You came into this environment where there are choices, where there is variety. In other words if you lived in a household where everybody thought exactly the same way, and nobody had any contentions about anything, and everybody wanted everything exactly the same; you were all born to love pizza, you were all born to love milk, you were all born to love the colour yellow, you were all born to love hardwood floors instead of carpeted floors. In other words, you were all born with these “samenesses” you say you, “oh we would get along so famously! We all sing the same songs and do the same things.” and we say you will not be stimulated to a new idea, and a continuing Life Force could not continue to be drawn within you. Because we all need an Active Calling, a Summoning of Pure Positive Energy. On how life can be better expressed. You did not come here to get the world to be just as you want it to be. You came here to create the world around you that you choose, while you allow the world that others choose it to be to exist also.”

Other people’s choices can’t affect you unless you give them your attention. Unless you believe your freedom and wellbeing I dependent upon what the others in the world are choosing.

With all this sudden hype and attention going on about religious and racial intolerance, one can easily be swept away by the tide of negativity. And one thing that the world needs more of is another negative person. Another person to add upon the number of people who believe peace is achieved by controlling outside environment to have internal peace. You did not come here to change the world. You came here to be in the world as we have so far allowed to be and Be the change that it inspires within you all day every day. Your best gift and solution to the world’s problems is to be the most joyful and loving person you can possibly be. The best thing you can give to the world is for you to be in a good mood, despite the world being caught up in the dramas it creates upon itself. It is to remember the truth always of Who You Really Are. That you are an Spiritual extension of the Eternal Source of Positive Energy that permeates the whole universe and atoms. That all these worldly dramas are just distractions to confuse you of the real purpose of why you are here. That you are here to find unlimited opportunities to explore your joys and express who you really are.

As John Lennon sang in his song Imagine that, “You may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the world will be as one.”

Despite all these recent commotion, I was reminded of my purpose in this life here and that is to be a teacher and a reminder of the truth behind the illusion of reality. And Beyoncé’s song then started playing as if perfectly queued in after this understanding came.

I want to leave my footprints on the sand of time
Know that there was something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember
So that they won’t forget
I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I’ve done
Everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so that everyone will know
I was here.
I want to say I lived each day until I day
And know that I meant something in somebody’s life
The hearts I have touched
Will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference
 And this world will see
I was here.
I just want them to know
That I gave my all
Did my best
Brought someone some happiness
Left this world a little better
Just because
I was Here.

That’s my wish and I hope that I  have touched you too. I was here.

I am still here. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business 101: Becoming an Investor.

What is one of the key disciplines that any successful corporation practises? INVESTING. Every business relies on investing for success, and for the incredibly successful businesses they invest like crazy; in R&D, and product lines. Heck, even our own economy relies on investors in order to grow. So why not be an investor. Probably the first and almost immediate objection to this suggestion is "I don't have money to invest." And I for one, am completely in agreements with that. However, why not invest the one resource that you always have at your disposal - TIME . That's right. Invest your time. Ah, suddenly it seems so obvious now doesn't it, but would you like to guess on how many people actually overlook this important fact? (By the way, this is can well be a lecture on time management). And since all investment have the dominant factor of Time in them, why not begin by turning your focus on this one incredible resource and use it to your personal investmen

Generation eXcellence

I was reading some wonderful notes from Robin Sharma's Little Black Book of Stunning Success ( http://www.robinsharma.com/leadership-best ) and a thought crossed my mind: have we settled for mediocrity in our society?  Have we  allowed ourselves to tolerate mediocrity in our lives, because the truth is we interact with the aspects of the world which match our own standards. We see the world not as it is but as we are . How often do we offer less than our best to the quality of relationships with ourselves and things.? Are we allowing the quality of our lives be compromised due to what everybody else is doing? This is even evident  to how we  treat nature. The care with which we have for our natural environment is something of grave concern, and many defend this mediocre behaviour with "everybody else is doing it." and the worst one yet, "We are creating jobs for others"  Have we accepted mediocrity to be the order of our generation's existence?  

“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Gandhi.  How often have you had the thought of changing the world? If you are anything like me, I have it more often than I have a glass of warm milk with cookies (okay that’s wacky...anyway). Or maybe it is something more like,” how can one act make a difference?” but all to often for many people another thought creeps in, “Who am I? I am just a small drop in the ocean.” (see the picture on the left) Or, “It takes a really special, gifted, and powerful person to even think of changing the world. And “ I am neither special nor gifted, let alone powerful.” If you think you are too small to make a difference, try going to sleep with the mosquito in the room" ~ Dalai Lama Like me, you’ve probably have looked at legendary people who are making it and thought, “what is it that they have that I don’t or lack.” And the answer is – they have the conviction that they can make a difference; that they are an immense and integral part