Skip to main content

A SPIRITUAL ATHEIST


Recently in one of my favourtie Facebook group called “LETS TALK”, which is about getting South Africans to post and discuss issues that are on their mind, there has been recent and consistent update that seem to have one sentiment and that is, constant attacks on Christians or believers. It is so interesting to observe how people who do not like or believe in something invest so much time and energy in bashing it, thus they remain captives of the very thing they are not in support of. The irony is that as they are busy condemning it, it in turn condemns them. (Read the comments from the Christians and you will see what I mean. “What you do to another you do to yourself,” as the adage goes.)

No one knows the bible better than the atheists, and the irony is that this makes them no different from the people who actually believe in it. And the reason is because, pushing against something makes you a match to it. The more you push against something, the more you cement it into your reality. And it is always interesting to watch how people get so hell bent in disproving others’ truths.
As I have said and always seek to emphasise, “if you believe in something and changes your life for the better, and gets it as close to your ideals as possible, does it matter if others don’t think it is true?”

Atheists are so adamant to bringing the Christian community to its knees that they don’t realise that actually in them pushing against it they are actually empowering it. The ideology that they seek to do away with they keep it active by continuously and relentlessly pushing against it, which empowers it. What you resist persists.  Energy flows where attention goes. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe. They are so right about the wrongness of the religion that it literally becomes their obsession a religion. The thing that you push against pushes against you thus binding you to it. Remember this is a fundamental law in the universe. Action causes reaction.


If you are seeking to free yourself from an ideology you do not agree with, rather than push against, find something you  do agree with and turn your attention on. It is far easier to run towards something than to try and run away from something you do not want because your focus determines your direction. If you are focused towards what you do not want, even if you say you want to get rid of it, your focus keeps moving you towards it. (“Turn the other cheek,” said a man named Jesus).


In the beginning of my awakening I used to be so adamant in proving the insanity of religion and how a man made god was just a hypocrite and that everyone else is even dumb in believing it. Up until I got a bit clearer that the only reason why I, or anyone else, pushed against something or disproved of something was because I did not know what my reality or truth was. If you know your truth and know what you believe in, and are truly at peace with your truth, you no longer feel the need to push against others people’s truths because you no longer feel the need to justify yours.


Once you have found your own truth, not the truth you have been convinced to believe either by science or religion, but the truth that was revealed by your own self, it becomes far easier to accept other peoples truths even if you may not believe them or be in agreement with

Ponder this for a moment and you will see that it is true. A tree never seeks to disprove the grass in order to become a tree. It allows the flowers to blossom understanding that they hold no bearing on how deep its roots go to the ground or how high its branches reach the heavens.

I believe that the reason why atheists are so adamant in highlighting the hypocrisy of religion and showing people this “truth” is because they, like the religionists still need approval from outside of themselves that what they have observed is true. They still seek validation which is an affliction that makes them the same as those whom they say they are against. A true atheist is one who doesn’t believe what others believe but doesn’t seek to condemn or convert others into his way of thinking. That where I am. I am actually spiritual. Meaning I see things with a spiritual connotation.  Some atheists reading this may think I am religious, and some religionists may believe I am an atheist because I do not oppose any of the two in support of one. I am a Spiritual Atheist, an Agnostic or Pagan. That’s what I am.

Atheists believe that I am religious, and also some believers would say that I am atheist because of how I speak and I decipher reality, but I follow what Abraham call “The Law of Allowing” which says:

I Am what I Am and I am pleased with it, joyful in it… And You are what You are, and while it is different perhaps from that which I am, it is also good. And because I am able to focus upon that which I want, even if there are those differences between us that are dramatic, I do not suffer negative emotions because I am wise enough to not focus upon that which brings me discomfort. I have come to understand as I am  one who is applying The law of Allowing that I have not come forth onto this physical world to get everyone to follow the truth that I think is the truth. I have not come forth to encourage the world into a world of conformity or sameness. For I am wise enough to understand that in sameness, in conformity there is not the diversity that stimulates creativity. And that in focusing upon bringing upon conformity I am pointed towards an ending rather than a continuing of creation. And so Law of Allowing is absolutely essential to the continuation or the survival of this species, of this planet, of this universe. Not only that; when I do not allow myself I feel rotten, and when I do not allow another I feel rotten."

 And so that is the basis behind the Law of allowing. Allowing, not in tolerance sense, for when you are tolerating another you are letting them be, you are letting them go ahead and do what they do but you are not liking it. You are still binding yourself with the negativity.

You see, in this physical world that you are focused and in this physical universe that this world is a part, there are those things that you are in absolute harmony with, and there are those things that you are in absolute disharmony with and there are some of everything in between. But you have not come forth to destroy or to contain that which you do not agree with for that is a changing thing. Instead you have come forth to identify moment by moment, segment by segment, day by day,  year by year, what it is that you are wanting. To use the power of your thought to focus upon it, to utilise the power of The Law of Attraction to draw it unto you.” ~ Abraham.



Often people would ask me, do you believe in God, and I would say no, or not in a manner that you are asking. I believe in myself – My Self as a spiritual being that conceives reality and bears no allegiance to anything except that which makes me live in dignity and do right  by other that I am in this co-creative journey with. I Am the creator manifested as Me. What the Atheists are, I Am. Using logic and reason to live without fear of ridiculous philosophies and religions that trap the human spirit of goodness and turns it “evil”. What believers are, I Am. Seeing life more than just a meaningless physical reality,but one filled with godliness and mystical splendor about this universe which can only be gazed at with awe and wonder.
That is my truth and I am at peace with it.

And so I will end by asking once more, “if you believe in something and changes your life for the better, and gets it as close to your ideals as possible, does it matter if others don’t think it is true?” And then remind you that

Once you have found your own truth, not the truth you have been convinced to believe either by science or religion, but the truth that was revealed by your own self, it becomes far easier to accept other peoples truths even if you may not believe them or be in agreement with

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business 101: Becoming an Investor.

What is one of the key disciplines that any successful corporation practises? INVESTING. Every business relies on investing for success, and for the incredibly successful businesses they invest like crazy; in R&D, and product lines. Heck, even our own economy relies on investors in order to grow. So why not be an investor. Probably the first and almost immediate objection to this suggestion is "I don't have money to invest." And I for one, am completely in agreements with that. However, why not invest the one resource that you always have at your disposal - TIME . That's right. Invest your time. Ah, suddenly it seems so obvious now doesn't it, but would you like to guess on how many people actually overlook this important fact? (By the way, this is can well be a lecture on time management). And since all investment have the dominant factor of Time in them, why not begin by turning your focus on this one incredible resource and use it to your personal investmen

Generation eXcellence

I was reading some wonderful notes from Robin Sharma's Little Black Book of Stunning Success ( http://www.robinsharma.com/leadership-best ) and a thought crossed my mind: have we settled for mediocrity in our society?  Have we  allowed ourselves to tolerate mediocrity in our lives, because the truth is we interact with the aspects of the world which match our own standards. We see the world not as it is but as we are . How often do we offer less than our best to the quality of relationships with ourselves and things.? Are we allowing the quality of our lives be compromised due to what everybody else is doing? This is even evident  to how we  treat nature. The care with which we have for our natural environment is something of grave concern, and many defend this mediocre behaviour with "everybody else is doing it." and the worst one yet, "We are creating jobs for others"  Have we accepted mediocrity to be the order of our generation's existence?  

“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Gandhi.  How often have you had the thought of changing the world? If you are anything like me, I have it more often than I have a glass of warm milk with cookies (okay that’s wacky...anyway). Or maybe it is something more like,” how can one act make a difference?” but all to often for many people another thought creeps in, “Who am I? I am just a small drop in the ocean.” (see the picture on the left) Or, “It takes a really special, gifted, and powerful person to even think of changing the world. And “ I am neither special nor gifted, let alone powerful.” If you think you are too small to make a difference, try going to sleep with the mosquito in the room" ~ Dalai Lama Like me, you’ve probably have looked at legendary people who are making it and thought, “what is it that they have that I don’t or lack.” And the answer is – they have the conviction that they can make a difference; that they are an immense and integral part